Friday, May 16, 2014

All your possessions

 Proverbs 3:9-10 Honor the LORD with your possessions, And with the firstfruits of all your increase; (10) So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.

Gracious Heavenly Father, help us to glean what you would want us to learn from your word. Holy Spirit guide us as we read and think on your teachings. In Jesus' name, amen.

So, it has been a while since I have did any blog report. I am now home and getting back into this life in America. It is hard to see things as I once did. My life is not my own like I wanted to think. Or like I used to think. Being away for such a long to gave me such a perspective on what life really is. It is God's life and however He wants to use it He can. He created me! Why should I think I have any right to have what wasn't mine in the first place? God made everything I "own". So really all I have is His as well. And, how should we treat things that aren't ours? With respect, hence " Honor the Lord with your possessions" which aren't really ours to begin with. And when He gives us more, "And with the firstfruits of all your increase", We honor God by giving Him the firstfruits of what He gives us. This is one of the reasons we tithe. However, some may ask, how do we give the firstfruits of something like a car? Well, first off, you should Honor the Lord with it by not using it to take you places you shouldn't go. Then to give of the firstfruits to God by the dedication of the car to Him. All this means is just thank the Lord that He has blessed you with a car. If He blessed you with a lot of towels, I don't know just stay with me, Give the first one or ones away to someone who needs it. And for those of us who don't know what to do with something He has given us, pray about it. Prayer is one of the best ways to get sure info on what should be done. It's His anyway, why not just ask Him what He wants done with it.

Verse ten reminds me of Matthew 25:14-24 where Jesus taught a parable about a man who left his money with some of his workers and then went to a far country. Upon his return, some of his workers returned the money and then some. I'm reminded of this because of what their master said to them. "Well done, good and faithful servant. Because you were faithful with a few things I will make you ruler over many things, enter into the joy of your lord". So with verse ten, if we follow verse nine, means God will bless us with what He knows we can take care of. God wants to bless us but, why would a loving Father give something special to a kid who can't take care of it. My mom and dad got me a kitten when I was young, God gave me that kitten through my parents because He knew I would take care of her. I have so much to thank God for, He has blessed me with many things. Now, I think back to when I first got those things. I didn't thank Him for them, I didn't use some of them life I should've, and now the firstfruits of those things are gone. I don't want to go on a guilt trip but, I wish I could relive those moments and do it right. God has for given us of all that we have done and haven't done. So, yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery but, today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Thank you Lord for your word and all you teach us through it. May we always be hungry for more of your teachings and your love. Amen.

Praise be to God for His blessing and love through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment